Bid/Job Announcement # 084-2022- 015
Job Title: Foreman of Laborer-Concrete Title Code: 8249
# of Vacancies: 5 Pay Grade: PR
2022 Salary: $46.80/ Hourly
Foreman of Laborers – Concrete
This position is covered under the City’s Collective Bargaining Agreement with the County, Municipal Supervisors and Foreman-Local 1001 (Bargaining Unit 54). Only employees in City job titles in this bargaining unit are eligible to bid.
BID INSTRUCTIONS: Apply on the bid site: https://chicago.taleo.net/careersection/103/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
1. Check the box on your profile titled “Currently employed by the City of Chicago”
2. Enter your employee ID (located on your pay stub labeled ‘payee/employee number’)
3. Select your correct bargaining unit
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN A REJECTED BID APPLICATION
Under general supervision, functions as a working supervisor over work crews, overseeing and supervising Concrete Laborers performing skilled manual work of a physical nature at assigned work sites, and performs related duties as required. Positions are allocated primarily to the Departments of Transportation
- • Supervises concrete construction crews making daily work assignments, ensures work crews are properly staffed and prioritizes work orders based on available manpower, daily work orders and planned work objectives
- • Prioritizes work order requests (such as estimating cost and time to complete work, scheduling and distributing work and equipment) and makes required re-assignment to ensure management directives are carried out and operational needs are met
- • Prepares and maintains records (such as work complete, time spent per project, cost and materials used)
- • Monitors work in progress, enforcing operating work procedures and ensuring staff compliance with established work safety rules, practices and requirements
- • Responds to and resolves problems at work sites relating to personnel, equipment, performance issues and other factors impacting of crew productivity
- • Provides safety instruction to staff to minimize employee accidents and to promote a safe work environment; reviews incidents of accidents and injuries and prepares reports
- • Provides suggestions and estimates to engineers for project planning through the interpretation of blue prints, sketches, and written or verbal instructions
- • Approves time off requests; monitors performance and conducts performance evaluations; and initiates and enforces disciplinary actions
- • Prepares productivity reports, operational reports and related reports
Additional duties may be required for this position.
Location: 1501 W. Pershing Rd
Hours: 7:00am – 3:30pm
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CAREER SERVICE
- • Two years of work experience as a Concrete laborer
Licensure, Certification, or Other Qualifications
- • A valid State of Illinois driver’s license is required
This position requires applicants to successfully pass a skills assessment test and complete an interview. Test results will be sent out by the Department of Human Resources after test results have been compiled and analyzed. Applicants who receive a passing score on the test will be selected to interview. The interviewed candidate(s) receiving a passing score on the test and possessing the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, based on the oral interview and written exercise, will be selected for hire.
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.
The City of Chicago is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer.
City of Chicago Department of Human Resources
Lori Lightfoot, Mayor Christopher Owen, Commissioner
Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59 pm CDT on 06/27/2022