Announcement # 084-2022- 016
Job Title: Dispatcher- Concrete Title Code: 8323
# of Vacancies: 3 Pay Grade: PR
2022 Salary: $45.90/ Hourly
Department of Transportation
This position is open to the public and all current city employees covered under the City’s Collective Bargaining Agreement with the County, Municipal Supervisors and Foremen Local 1001 (Bargaining unit 54)
Only employees in City job titles in this bargaining unit are eligible to bid.
BID INSTRUCTIONS: Apply on the bid site: https://chicago.taleo.net/careersection/103/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
1. Check the box on your profile titled “Currently employed by the City of Chicago”
2. Enter your employee ID (located on your pay stub labeled ‘payee/employee number’)
3. Select your correct bargaining unit
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN A REJECTED BID APPLICATION
Under general supervision, work in the Department of Transportation, assigned to staff a concrete district office or the central office for concrete operations, performing a variety of dispatch/communications and administrative activities to support the work functions of concrete work crews in the field, and performs related duties as required
- • Receives calls from crews reporting sidewalk, curbs and vaults repaired and completed; accesses 311-CSR system to update records and close out service requests
- • Enters data into the 311-CSR system to create service requests
- • Maintains contact with crews in the field and relays information on work priorities or emergency requests for concrete repairs; receives and relays messages between field and central office
- • Reviews for completeness and accuracy daily work sheets submitted by work crews detailing work completed, size of crew and hours worked, equipment used, and concrete materials expended during work shift
- • Uses City software to maintain and update work records, track data and prepare productivity reports
- • Schedules work crews and requests resources for on-going concrete programs including installation of ADA ramps, vaults, sidewalk or curb repairs
- • Prepares work schedules and generates work sheets with the location and routing of jobs to be completed by specialized work crews
- • Answers phone and responds to inquiries, complaints and emergency requests for services from aldermanic offices, public officials, the public, department personnel and other City departments
- • Reviews aldermanic menu of requests for concrete work to plan, prioritize and schedule work projects as directed by management
- • Monitors and tracks the daily amount of concrete delivered and used in the field and prepares related reports
- • Requests and obtains required construction permit for concrete projects
- • Maintains contact with foreman of work crews to ensure work is progressing and arrange for additional resources as needed, and relays directives between central office and field
- • Accesses records on various systems (e.g., CCM, 311-CSR) to maintain project records, updates projects, work schedules, and closes out completed projects
- • Maintains and tracks data of section’s work accomplishments (e.g., ramps completed, block of sidewalk) and prepares productivity reports
Additional duties may be required for this position.
Location: 1501 W. Pershing Rd
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 7:00am – 3:30pm
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CAREER SERVICE
Two years of experience working in a field or office position involving sidewalk, curb and gutter, ADA ramps, construction repairs using concrete materials and/or related equipment
This position requires candidates to pass a written job knowledge exam. Test results will be sent out by the Department of Human Resources after test results have been compiled and analyzed. Applicants who successfully apply for the position, meet the minimum qualifications, and possess the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position will be hired in seniority or lottery/random order.
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.
The City of Chicago is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer.
City of Chicago Department of Human Resources
Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59 pm CDT on 06/30/2022