CHICAGO AREA LECET IS PROUD TO OFFER THREE DIFFERENT SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MEMBERS OR DEPENDANTS OF MEMBERS OF A CHICAGO LABORERS’ DISTRICT COUNCIL AFFILIATED LOCAL UNION!
Click the following links to view the entire applications & eligibility parameters:
ACADEMIC-MERIT BASED AWARD
Ten $2,000 scholarships are available on an academic/merit basis. The winners will be scored on the basis of their academic, school and extracurricular achievements as well as their personal essay. The academic, school and community extracurricular achievements will count as 75% of the overall score, with the essay making up the remaining 25%. Click on the application for full details.
RANDOM DRAWING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Ten $2,000 scholarships are also available on a random drawing basis. Click on the application for full details.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR BOTH OF THE ABOVE SCHOLARSHIPS. You must choose only one to apply for and will be disqualified from BOTH if you do submit applications for both scholarships.
DEATH OR DISABILITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
This scholarship is ONLY available to dependents of LiUNA members who have been killed or permanently disabled as a result of an on the job accident.
Unfortunately, construction can be a very dangerous line of work. Despite all training and precautions, accidents do still happen from time to time.
This is our small way of trying to ease the burden on a family that has suffered that type of tragedy.
Since we started the program in 2007, we have awarded 11 different individuals with $72,500 worth of scholarship money.