Traffic Maintenance Supervisor
Traffic Maintenance Supervisor
Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT)
Division of Sign Management
Number of Positions: 1
This position is open to the public and all current city employees covered under the City’s Collective Bargaining Agreement with the LABORERS INTERNATIONAL UNION OF NORTH AMERICA-LOCAL 1001 (BU#54). Only employees currently in City job titles in this bargaining unit are eligible to bid.
BID INSTRUCTIONS: Apply on the bid site: https://chicago.taleo.net/careersection/103/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
1. Check the box on your profile titled “Currently employed by the City of Chicago”
2. Enter your employee ID (located on your pay stub labeled ‘payee/employee number’)
3. Select your correct bargaining unit
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN A REJECTED BID APPLICATION
Under general supervision, supervises the installation of traffic control devices, and performs related duties as required.
- Coordinates and supervises the installation and maintenance of street signs, pavement markings and temporary parking restrictive signs, and temporary barriers/barricades to control the flow of traffic/crowds on city streets
- Prioritize dispatching of signs by importance.
- Works closely with Foreman, Field Director, and Field Supervisor in coordinating and dispatching signs for daily sign hanger’s work
- Prioritizes work orders and prepares schedules for installation crews
- Maintains radio and phone contact with work crews, supervisors, and other departments to coordinate activities and supply deliveries
- Communicates with Alderman’s office, and sister agencies regarding updates on the production of signs.
- Inspects work sites to ensure the proper placement of signs and barricades and to ensure that crews work effectively and efficiently
- Reviews and maintains activity reports submitted by work crews on the installation of traffic/crowd control devices
- Oversees the input and closeout of service requests regarding postings
- May assist installation crews in loading and unloading traffic control equipment
- Performs other related job duties as assigned
Additional duties may be required for this position.
NOTE: RESUMES, CERTIFICATES, VALID JOURNEYMAN CARD, AND DRIVER’S LICENSE MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION WHERE APPLICABLE.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- A valid State of Illinois driver’s license is required
- Primarily an office position
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions
- Standard office equipment
- Computers and peripheral equipment
- Communication equipment
- Some lifting (up to 60 pounds)
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to stand and walk for extended or continuous periods of time
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related equipment
Location: 3458 S. Lawndale, Chicago, IL 60623
Hours: 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
Salary: The minimum and maximum salaries for the V13 schedule range from ($61,008 – $ 102,696).
Please note that this title is on a step schedule and new hires will start at the first step of$61,008/Annually; the starting salary is non-negotiable.
Application Period: 9-19-22 to 10-3-22
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CAREER SERVICE
- Two years of experience in installation of traffic control devices; or an equivalent combination of training, and experience.
NOTE: To be considered for this position you must provide information about your educational background and your work experience. You must include job titles, dates of employment and specific job duties. (IF you are a current City employee, Acting Up cannot be considered). If you fail to provide this information at the time you submit your application, it will be incomplete, and you will not be considered for this position. There are three ways to provide the information: 1) you may attach a resume; 2) you may paste a resume; or 3) you can complete the online resume fields.
Educational & Employment Verification:
Please be advised that if you are selected to be hired you must provide, upon request, adequate information regarding your educational and employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position for which you are applying. If you received your degree internationally, all international transcripts/diploma must be accompanied by a Foreign Credential Evaluation. If the City of Chicago cannot verify this information, any offer extended to you will be withdrawn and you will not be hired.
This position requires applicants to successfully pass a written job knowledge exam and complete an interview. Test results will be sent out by the Department of Human Resources after test results have been analyzed and compiled. Candidates who pass the exam will be selected to interview. The interviewed bidders receiving a passing score on the exam and possessing the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position will be selected in seniority order according to the collective bargaining agreement.
Preference will be given to external candidates possessing the following:
- Previous work experience using demonstrated knowledge of Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Previous work experience using document management/work order management system such as Salesforce
- Directional knowledge of City streets (North, South, West, and Central Business District of Chicago)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.
The City of Chicago is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer.
City of Chicago – Department of Human Resources
Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59 pm C.D.T. on 10-3-22
Unposting Date:Oct 3, 2022, 11:59:00 PM