LABORERS’ AND RETIREMENT BOARD EMPLOYEES’ ANNUITY AND BENEFIT FUND OF CHICAGO
The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a coronavirus known as COVID-19. The United States Secretary of Health and Human Services declared COVID-19 presents a public health emergency and Governor Pritzker issued a disaster proclamation in response to COVID-19.
Since COVID-10 has been detected in numerous locations in Illinois including Chicago the LABF is taking the following steps to protect the safety, health and wellbeing of our members and employees:
– Cancelling all in person appointments
– Requesting members and other stakeholders to NOT visit the LABF offices
– Requiring employees who are sick to remain at home
– Providing hand sanitizer throughout the LABF offices
– Encouraging members and employees to follow the CDC recommended measures to protect yourself and others (visit http://www.CDC.gov for more information)
If you have an existing scheduled appointment, and have not heard from the LABF, please contact the LABF to determine if the appointment can be handled over the phone or if your appointment will need to be rescheduled. The LABF can be contacted by phone, fax, or email. Contact information follows:
– Phone number: (312) 236-2065
– Fax number: (312) 236-0574
– Email address: http://www.BenefitServices@LABFChicago.org
Please be assured that all benefit payments will continue to be paid in a timely manner.
And, currently the LABF offices will remain open for business; however, the LABF will continue to monitor the situation and adapt as it develops. Your understanding and patience are much appreciated during this unfortunate and rapidly evolving worldwide health emergency and we hope that you and your family remain healthy.