DISPATCHER – ASPHALT Job Number: 305647
Department of Transportation
This position is covered under the City’s collective bargaining agreement with the County, Municipal Supervisors and Foremen – Local 1001 (Bargaining Unit 54). Only employees in City job titles in this bargaining unit are eligible to bid on this position.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT CITY EMPLOYEE AND WANT TO EXERCISE YOUR CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS TO BID, YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX ON THE CAREERS APPLICATION TITLED “ALREADY EMPLOYED BY THIS COMPANY”, CORRECTLY ENTER YOUR EMPLOYEE ID, AND SELECT THE CORRECT BARGAINING UNIT.
YOU MUST USE THE EMPLOYEE NUMBER FOUND ON THE UPPER LEFT-HAND CORNER OF YOUR PAY CHECK STUB LABELED “PAYEE/EMPLOYEE NUMBER.”
(NO OTHER FORMAT OR SYSTEM CAN BE USED TO OBTAIN YOUR EMPLOYEE NUMBER).
FAILURE TO CHECK THE “ALREADY EMPLOYED BY THIS COMPANY” BOX, ENTER YOUR EMPLOYEE ID, AND SELECT THE CORRECT BARGAINING UNIT WILL RESULT IN A REJECTED BID APPLICATION
Number of Positions: 1
Under general supervision, work in the Department of Transportation, assigned to staff an asphalt district office or the central office for asphalt operations, performing a variety of dispatch / communications and administrative activities to support the work functions of asphalt work crews in the field, and performs related duties as required
Asphalt District Office
- Prepares daily route sheets, rotating crews through wards in district based on review of daily reports from central office
- Accesses 311-CSR system to generate daily worksheets for crews with assignment and location of potholes to be filled/repaired
- Receives deliveries of cold patch asphalt at district office yard and prepares and completes load tickets to track the usage of asphalt materials
- Takes calls from department personnel, aldermanic offices and other city departments reporting potholes in the district; enters data into the 311-CSR system to create service requests
- Receives calls from crews reporting potholes repaired and jobs completed; accesses 311-CSR system to update records and close out service requests
- Maintains contact with crews in the field and relays information on work priorities or emergency requests for pothole repairs; receives and relays messages between field and central office
- Reviews for completeness and accuracy daily worksheets submitted by work crews detailing work completed, size of crew and hours worked, equipment used, and asphalt materials expended during work shift
- Uses Excel to maintain and update work records, track data and prepare productivity reports
- Maintains the security of district office, ensuring office and yard area are locked and secured
CHECK OUT THE JOBS SECTION OF OUR APP OR ONLINE AT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION.