BID ANNOUNCEMENT – Dispatcher Arborist
DEPARTMENT OF STREETS & SANITATION
Under general supervision, works in the Department of Streets and Sanitation’s Bureau of Forestry, assigning staff, performing a variety of dispatch/communications and administrative activities to support the work functions of Forestry work crews in the field, and performs related duties as required
- Relays information to staff in the field and to callers on the cultivation, management, health and safety of a wide variety of tree species.
- Interacts with work crews on methods to be used in the care and maintenance for various types of tree species
- Prepares daily route sheets, rotating crews through wards in district based on review of daily reports from central office
- Accesses 311-CSR system to generate daily worksheets for crews with assignment and location of trees to be trimmed/removed
- Takes calls from department personnel, aldermanic offices and other city departments reporting problems with trees in the district; enters data into the 311-CSR system to create service requests
- Receives calls and advises from crews reporting issues trees or equipment and jobs completed; accesses 311-CSR system to update records and close out service requests
- Maintains contact with crews in the field and relays information on work priorities or emergency requests for tree planting trimming/removals; receives and relays messages between field and central office
- Reviews for completeness and accuracy daily worksheets submitted by work crews detailing work completed, size of crew and hours worked, equipment used during work shifts
- Uses Excel to maintain and update work records, track data and prepare productivity reports
- Maintain contact with foremen of work crews to ensure work is progressing and arrange for additional resources as needed, and relay directives between central office and the field
- Access records on various systems (e.g., in-house projects system, 311-CSR) to maintain project records, update project and work schedules and close out completed projects
- Maintains and tracks data of section’s work accomplishments (e.g., trees planted/ trimmed/removed, tree stump removed) and prepares productivity reports
NOTE: The list of essential duties is not intended to be inclusive; there may be other duties that are essential to particular positions within the class.
LOCATION: 2352 S. Ashland
DAYS OFF: Varies
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CAREER SERVICE.
One year of experience working in a field or office position as a certified Arborist. Must be certified as an Arborist by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)
Unposting Date: Nov 1, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
BU: 54 Salary: $42.72