BID/JOB ANNOUNCEMENT Job Number: 306565
Description SEASONAL FIELD VEHICLE INVESTIGATOR
DEPARTMENT OF STREETS & SANITATION
NOTE: These positions are SEASONAL, working from December 2018 through March 2019 in the Department of Streets and Sanitation’s Overnight Parking Ban Program. Work hours vary beginning after midnight, five days a week, with varying days off.
These positions are open to the general public and to all current city employees covered under the terms of the City’s collective bargaining agreement with LABORERS INTERNATIONAL UNION OF NORTH AMERICA LOCAL 1001 (BARGAINING UNIT 54).
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT CITY EMPLOYEE AND WANT TO EXERCISE YOUR CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS TO BID, YOU MUST APPLY ON THE BID ONLY SITE AT: www.cityofchicago.org/CAREERS
IN ADDITION, YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX ON THE CAREERS APPLICATION TITLED “ALREADY EMPLOYED BY THIS COMPANY”, CORRECTLY ENTER YOUR EMPLOYEE ID, AND SELECT THE CORRECT BARGAINING UNIT. YOU MUST USE THE EMPLOYEE NUMBER FOUND ON THE UPPER LEFT-HAND CORNER OF YOUR PAY CHECK STUB LABELED “PAYEE/EMPLOYEE NUMBER.”
(NO OTHER FORMAT OR SYSTEM CAN BE USED TO GET YOUR EMPLOYEE NUMBER).
FAILURE TO CHECK THE “ALREADY EMPLOYED BY THIS COMPANY” BOX, ENTER YOUR EMPLOYEE ID, AND SELECT THE CORRECT BARGAINING UNIT WILL RESULT IN A REJECTED BID APPLICATION.
- Drives a city vehicle, patrolling an assigned route to enforce the city’s regulations restricting parking on city streets, checking for vehicles parked in designated no parking / tow zones during snow.
- Determines if vehicles are eligible for tow and prepares a vehicle tow case report, ensuring information is printed in a neat and legible manner.
- Completes reports by entering information including reason for tow, location of vehicle, make and type of vehicle, city sticker number and expiration date, license plate number and expiration date and vehicle inventory description.
- Signs and dates tow case reports and give to tow truck driver for towing of vehicles.
- Writes and issues citations/tickets for parking violations as required.
- Works with tow truck drivers to coordinate towing operations, ensuring tow trucks return to appropriate route locations.
- Prepares daily activity reports.
- Investigates 311 service requests relating to abandoned or hazardous vehicles as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
NOTE: The list of essential duties is not intended to be inclusive: there may be other duties that are essential to particular positions within the class.
NOTE: Employees may be required to work additional hours or shifts when necessary to clear street vehicles impacting snow or emergency operations.
LOCATION: 1717 W. 39th Street
DAYS OFF: Varies
HOURS: Midnight – 8:00 a.m.
THIS POSITION IS NOT IN THE CAREER SERVICE.
Please note, all positions with the City of Chicago close promptly at 11:59pm Central Daylight Time (CDT) Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59p.m. CDT on 10/11/18. No exceptions will be made.
Unposting Date: Oct 11, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
BU: 54 Salary: $56,076.00 | Pay Basis:Yearly