See our Jobs section of our app or the jobs section of our website to bid for this position.
FIELD PAYROLL AUDITOR
Department: STREETS & SANITATION
This position is covered under the City’s collective bargaining agreement with the County, Municipal and Foreman Local 1001. (BARGAINING UNIT 54). Only employees in City job titles in this bargaining unit are eligible to bid on this position.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT CITY EMPLOYEE AND WANT TO EXERCISE YOUR CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS TO BID, YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX ON THE CAREERS APPLICATION TITLED “ALREADY EMPLOYED BY THIS COMPANY”, CORRECTLY ENTER YOUR EMPLOYEE ID, AND SELECT THE CORRECT BARGAINING UNIT. YOU MUST USE THE EMPLOYEE NUMBER FOUND ON THE UPPER LEFT-HAND CORNER OF YOUR PAY CHECK STUB LABELED “PAYEE/EMPLOYEE NUMBER.” (NO OTHER FORMAT OR SYSTEM CAN BE USED TO GET YOUR EMPLOYEE NUMBER).
FAILURE TO CHECK THE “ALREADY EMPLOYED BY THIS COMPANY” BOX, ENTER YOUR EMPLOYEE ID, AND SELECT THE CORRECT BARGAINING UNIT WILL RESULT IN A REJECTED BID APPLICATION.
Number of Positions: 1
- Receives and audits Payroll Registers for various payments to employees in the department.
- Monitors employee time records daily for accuracy by running reports in CATA.
- Field Payroll Auditors complete employee verifications, obtain payroll records for court proceedings and settlements, retrieve filed tax documents (W2s), reviews all incoming payroll related documents.
- Completes as needed all pension paperwork, court ordered garnishments, direct deposit forms and promptly forwards as needed to other City departments or agencies.
- Sorts payroll checks for distribution to citywide department field locations.
- Investigates and promptly reports findings of all Employee requested payroll inquires of under or overpayments to supervisors.
- Must have knowledge of relevant collective bargaining agreements, Personnel Rules, and commonly used CATA pay codes.
- Must have good communication, writing and time management skills. Required to answer the general payroll phone number and provide assistance to employees or others who have payroll inquiries including those who visit the department.
- Must be proficient with various software such as CATA, Oracle, MS Excel and MS Word.
NOTE: The list of essential duties is not intended to be inclusive; there may be other duties that are essential to particular positions within the class.