Under supervision, perform a range of clerical, timekeeping and customer service duties to support an organization’s (e.g., district or central office, bureau) work operations, and perform related duties as required
- Monitors automated timekeeping records to ensure proper recording of employee swipes; identifies incomplete time records and requests edit sheets; and data enters information from approved edit and time off forms to edit CATA records
- Reviews payroll registers to ensure records accurately reflect time worked and time off; sorts and distributes payroll checks; responds to employee inquiries on hours paid, vacation balances and related payroll/timekeeping inquiries
- Generates various timekeeping reports from CATA including absenteeism, overtime and time off reports as requested by management
- Answers phones and responds to inquiries from the general public, aldermanic offices and city personnel, providing information on the status of service requests, and routing calls
- Provides customer service, receiving and processing requests for services, scheduling appointments, taking complaints, and forwarding emergency service requests to supervisors
- Prepares basic reports and maintains office files; gathers data, organizes, distributes, mails and files a variety of work records including overtime and personnel forms, work activity sheets, productivity reports, and other work documents
- Performs data entry to maintain and update automated inventory control records, entering data from various source documents including supply and material requisitions and work orders
- Positions in the Department of Transportation’s Central Asphalt OR Concrete Offices review crew activity and job work sheets for accuracy and completeness; check and verify hours worked by crew members, load or material ticket information, and the accuracy of activity codes, trucks and equipment listed
- Enter data from construction crews activity sheets into the city information or data systems
NOTE: The list of essential duties is not intended to be inclusive; there may be other duties that are essential to particular positions within the class.
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CAREER SERVICE
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ANY AND ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.
The City of Chicago is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer
Job Posting: Jun 30, 2016, 12:01:00 AM | Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External: Jul 14, 2016, 11:59:00 PM