JOB TITLE: ASST. CHIEF AIRPORT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
- Coordinates and supervises inspection of airfields, issuance and cancellation of Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs) on airfield status, and receiving and relaying of airfield maintenance requests
- Assigns, supervises and monitors the work activities of airport operations staff
- Oversees and participates in the inspection of airfield facilities (e.g., runways, taxiways, ramps) in compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations
- Coordinates airfield repair and maintenance activities to ensure minimal disruptions to airfield traffic
- Orders runway closings and openings and initiates corrective measures in response to irregularities found during inspections to ensure proper maintenance of airfield facilities
LOCATION: O’HARE AIRPORT
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s in degree business Administration, Aviation Management, or a directly related field, plus two years of airfield operations experience, of which one year is in a supervisory role related to the responsibilities of the position; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
A valid State of Illinois driver’s license is required. Must obtain airfield certification within six months of hire.
$71,232.00 | Pay Basis::Yearly
CLOSING DATE: JUNE 3, 2016, 11:59:00 PM